Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show
I bought a Nook eReader last week but it turned out to be a defective item. They refuse to deal with the problem. They said the item was in good condition when they shipped the item. The package looked good. Maybe mail man caused the problem. They even let me contact...
Loss
I recently bought the leapfrog lappad for my grandson but lost the reciept. I tried to just get store credit and was told, no, even though the salesperson remembered me getting it just a few days before. what a lousy piece of work. i will never shop this store again...

Read the receipt you lost!! The return policy is on the back!

Who cares if you bought it a couple days ago.

People have scammed BAM so many times that they will not allow you to return anything without the receipt. So this was on you and thank you for going online and showing everyone how inadequate you are at reading.

Books A Million in Boca Raton, Florida - Closed store after i became a member

In July of this year 2011, i finally gave in to the standard question...do you have a Books a Million membership. I have to pick up summer reading books for my kids. After I became a member, they closed their doors. If their website is correct I will have to travel 30 minutes to the nearest book store. That's just wrong! They knew they were going to close this store and there were no other book stores in the area. I could have saved my money and became a Barnes n Nobles member. They are 15 minutes away and open!
EsmeraldaGilberte

That bites, but you can still go online to order the books. BAM is in the business to make money, not to tell people not to sign up for membership, plus as you stated the next BAM is only 30mins away. No, they're not going to say "this store's doors will be closing soon, so we don't recommend purchasing the membership." Borders was asking people to sign up for their paid membership right up until they closed all their stores and went out of business.

buzzbum76

Well, I know this is of little help, but you can use it on their website...it does still stink though.

View more comments (1)

Books A Million in Columbia, South Carolina - Insult to ALL Stay @ Home Moms

I was told by an employee today that most of the people who buy their discount card are stay @ home moms "who have nothing better to do!"!!!! And they definitely do NOT go above and beyond - they just point and say "over there"! ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** *** * * * * * * 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 * **8 888 88 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 88
Review
I received an Audio CD book from a friend as a birthday gift a few days ago that had the Books-A-Million sticker on the back of the package. I returned to the local Books-A-Million store (Williamsburg, VA) which is where the item was purchased and was told, without a...

Without the reciept, its impossible to even process the transaction. Also, can't make an exchange with out the reciept, due to inventory.

View more comments

Books A Million in Quanah, Texas - Book a million

thanks alot books a million for useing my cc for some god awful stoopid magaizine back in 11/02/10 and i still havent got one!!! the retard company u guys used is a fake they took my money and alot of it. it seems they dont recall any thing about it i gave a copy of the recipt and a monkey could figure this out.. the company is magassist.com i've called and called just a bunch of machines that will talk to you. i want my *** mag's now. just a bunch of dummies i see.

Protip from a former employee: if you don't want the magazines, call the store manager and make THEM cancel it for you. They have a different phone number for the magazine company, and they can get it done quicker.

Hope that helps. :D And, for the record, we all HATE the magazine program. In our training for it, they repeatedly tell us, "IT'S NOT A SCAM." Obviously, if you have to say it that many times, it IS. I always tried to be very open and honest with people.

I'd give the pitch, and if they DID say yes, I would verify one last time that it was only free for the first two months, and that they'd be charged after that period. Most people said no after you told them again, but I felt like my conscious was clean. I saw my store manager this weekend sell three magazine subscriptions to a girl who couldn't have even been 13.

He DID NOT inform her that she'd be charged after the two months. I imagine there will be some pissed off parents soon.

THOSE Oprah magazines were good tho. :cry

stop selling things people don't need and can't afford. The cashier got my son with the whole magazine free thing and now I'm having a hard time canceling them, cost him money he doesn't need to spend on these magazines.

Than all I wanted was a book which was $14.80 and the cashier had me a membership for $20 bucks added to my purchase before I could figure out what she was selling. That why I hate buying books from you.

Well,I too ordered the 'free' magazines at 'Books a Million'. I just got off the phone from cancelling my order.

I recieved my magazines, and plenty of them. I got the automated machine, I cancelled them with no problems, but to make sure, I called back, and checked the status, it said the sub. was cancelled, so I just pressed 0, and talked to a LIVE person, just to make sure.

The man was very nice, and assured me that I wouldn't be charged,....we'll see what happens. You just have to be patient, and thorough with these things.

I went to books a million not that long ago. While I was buying a book that I got.

THe lady said - " Would you like free magazines?" after that she finally told me that I had to pay for it after 2 months but I had already my infomation and it was too late. I told her to sign me off because I didnt like the deal she was putting out. They were supposed to call the company that was delivering the magizines to me and tell them cancel my order. After 2 months I checked my bills and I foundout that I was still being charged for it.

BEAWARE OF HOW CARELESS SOME CASHIERS COULD BE AND SELL YOU THINGS YOU DONT WANT. :(

They didn't tell me that I would need to cancel it until after they had my info. I was borrowing my mom's credit card, so I came straight home and was going to cancel it, but the website they gave me doesn't exist.

I get redirected to a new website where they can't find my order. I have call the tole-free # and tried to cancel it that way, but it says it can't find my order.

Help!!!! :cry

@Lalala

If you haven't settled the issue yet go to magassist.com. You can cancel your subscription there.It literally took me all of 3 minutes. Good luck.

The same thing happened to me a worker told me I would get 2 free magazines and would have to cancel the subscriptions after. I haven't received one magazine in 2 monthes so I just cancelled it, I have a confirm number from the call.

I hope I don't get charged. But it does say on the receipt "2 free magazines and charges will be made to account after the 2 free months trail period"

I bought a book at BAM last month. When the clerk asked about magazine subscriptions, I said NO.

I just recently received a notice from Synapse stating that they were charging my debit card for 4 magazines that I ordered thru BAM. I tried to call and cancel the magazines, but I kept getting the run around thru an automated system. No resolution yet. I never ordered the magazines in the first place.

From what I've read on the "Complaint Board" website, this is not an isolated issue with BAM and Synapse.

I'll never used a debit or credit card at BAM again. I think I'll buy my books at Target next time.

really? REALLY?

I think ur stoopid or dont understand or u work for them. ANY ways it isn't about the store dummy it's the worker, with that being said and all it wasn't told to me that the mag's were not free like he/she said thay were.

The mag company got in touch with me and we found out what it was and why it happened..WOKER falt no harm was done every thing got worked out and reTaining helped out. SO mr.nosey thank you for you the care about this matter and helping with the issue at hand i hope you will contuine to help others like me your so sweet..

What is wrong with you? Can you possibly be so *** as to not realize that a CUSTOMER put that there? No store can afford to follow every customer around making sure that they behave, and even if they could, you would complain about that, too.

View more comments (10)
Loss
I was sitting in the floor in the children's section of Books-A-Million in Sevierville, TN this weekend when my daughter says "Gross...why are they licking their privates?" You can't imagine my horror when I realized she had found a Penthouse magazine on the...
#662080

Did...did you really just blame retail employees for what some perverted customer did? That deplorable.

Some sick individual take mags to the bathroom, "use" them, them leave them (mess and all) for US to clean up.

Now we have to go through all that and then get blamed? Re calibrate your judgement cannon; it's way off.

View more comments