State: Florida City: Jacksonville Clear all filters (2 of 218 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show
My daughters and I went looking for books to purchase we found plenty on sale which was great. One of my daughters wanted a black author book so we proceeded to look and found a very tiny section of books in the corner of the store. Now imagine this massive franchise...

The company did a test and found that 87% of consumers found it easier to go directly to the african american fiction/no fiction than to search through the general section.

Now you know why.

Review
Cons
  • Not a very friendly person
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

BAM BOOKS A MILLION

My 12 year old son went to BAM to buy something and was coerced into purchasing magazine subscriptions. He was told that they were free but he has been charged, so far, $49 for a total of 6 magazines(SI, People, Time, Entertainment Weekly, Cosmopolitan and Everday wit Rachel Ray). I have recently canceled the magazines through the magazine company and the automated system stated he will receive a refund. I currently spoke to the manager at the BAM and told her that her store is responsible and I think it is rediculous to try and scam children. This has to be illegal.

What is a 12 year old doing with a credit card? That's the only way they can charge you. Unless it was the parents' card, in which case...way to go.

@BeInformed

I go to books-a-million and buy a little dollar pencil and sign up for the magazines twice a year. the woman at the counter was very helpful and told me to set my reminder on my phone so I could call and cancel them two months from the date I made the purchase.

she also told me I need to program the number to BAM in my phone just incase i lose it. This was in Oak ridge Tn. they are in fact absolutely free if you just remember to cancel exactly two months later.

it sounds to me that your local Books A Million took advantage of your child because they did not tell him that it was only a two month trial! I agree with you I think you did the right thing by calling them and getting your money back I hope everything works out for you

View more comments (1)