State: Georgia City: Acworth Clear all filters (2 of 218 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show
1.3
Everything that could have gone wrong did. I was just running into BAM really quickly for a last minute Christmas present for my mom, and once I found the book (a 30 minute feat in itself because they have NO organizational system), I spent 30 minutes with the most...

Book ASimple solution, amazon.comThe last two experiences I am had at Books A Million were similar.1st it's hard to find anything and often when you do the book is in poor shape, beat up and folded. The toys or record players have previously been opened.2nd Once you to decide to check out, they harass you to no end with "up sales", "membership offers" and yes "*Free magazine offers" ...And people seriously wonder why retail is dead?

You can get the item new, in stock, and for the same and often better price. Also you do not have to deal with pushy cashiers.

Review
#1209756 Review #1209756 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Product
Books A Million Subscription
Cons
  • Sketchy business practices
  • Service
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Tags
  • auto renewal scheme

Books A Million in Acworth, Georgia - Online vs. brick and mortar

Visited my bam after seeing my desired books online for $35 each (x2). Store price was $60 each(x2). I asked if the online price would be honored in house. Only if I purchased a membership could I get the discount in store but would be allowed free shipping on future purchases. News flash, I visited the store so I wouldn't have to buy online and ship. I would have used Amazon if my interest was online shopping. So instead of a $70 sale for books sitting on their shelves for a year, they now have a frequent repeat customer who will move to online shopping but not with them.

I buy most if not all my books online on Amazon. Its always cheaper than buying retail, plus I'm a Prime Member so I get free two day shipping.

After spending nearly $40 on two books at BAM, I decided just to online shop. The retail prices are crazy, and Im not going to pay $15 for a book I can find for $9 or less online.

THE INTERNET IS ALWAYS CHEAPER!!!! because the company doesn't have to pay a million middle men for you to click. Even walmart is cheaper online and nobody honors online prices in store.

View more comments (1)