State: Georgia City: Brunswick Product: Books A Million Cashier Clear all filters (1 of 19 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:

Books A Million in Brunswick, Georgia - I don't like lists of what I read being kept...

Recently went to your Brunswick, GA location to purchase a couple of books. Found what I wanted easily enough, but when I went to pay for the books, the cashier was very pushy about joining the loyalty club. I was asked several times if I wanted to join and declined every time with the clerk giving some feigned expression of disappointment and going, "awww...." each time I said no. I'm not a fan of these loyalty clubs (a more accurate description of them would be tracking club) and i find the idea of having to **pay** for the privilege of my reading habits being tracked and monitored obnoxious.

They have to meet a quota of new sign ups. If they don't, they could be fired

The card doesn't keep track of anything save for the information you give while signing up.

Even that is just for your convenience as you can use your phone number for membership look up rather than having to need the physical card.

View more comments (1)
Review
Service
Books A Million Cashier
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Quit hassling customers to buy memberships they don't want!
Tags