Called the only number available for Books A Million which is an automated system. They had the nerve to try to get me to continue by offering 2 free issues as opposed to receiving a refund which was my original intentions when making the call.

I thought I would get the option to speak to a customer service representative but apparently this is not an option given (very convenient). After much frustration, I had no other choice but to disconnect with only the option to cancel future issues of the three magazines that were initially sent as a free promotion. However, my desire was to not just cancel, but to also get my refund of $14.00 My bank tried making a call but also got no where. Lesson learned!

Don't ever assume something is free because they always come back months later with a charge. They were not authorized to take the money out of my account since I had made a request to cancel once the "freebee" was over. Apparently they were only able to do utilize my card because I had made a purchase of an item with the card while I was visiting the store, BAM.

They apparently had my card number on file and used it to automatically renew these magazines despite my request to cancel. All I want from them is my $14.00 refund and never to hear from them again!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Books A Million Subscription.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Books A Million Cons: Service.

• Unauthorized Renewal